Thursday 8 July 2010

Martian Spring


I am indebted to Bruce Woolley for the above image – taken a couple of years ago while I was visiting the Red Planet during one of its more turbulent vernal moods. Never has rock formation or vegetation looked more unwelcoming – and yet I still prefer it to some of the more tranquil regions of our home planet. It was during a routine exploration like this one that I first decided that the time had come for me to start this blog, which has now been running for almost two years. My thanks, as always, to all who have viewed, read and commented on its posts over the intervening period.

My sincere thanks also go out to everyone who has been in touch inquiring about the state of my left eye since I underwent emergency surgery to correct a retinal detachment two weeks ago. I am recovering quite well at the moment and hope to resume activities on this site in the very near future.

See also:
Ken Hollings Inc: first posted 14.7.08

No comments: